Monday, October 11, 2010


A Child Called It by Dave Pelzer
This book is about an alcoholic troubled mom who, at first, cared for all three of her sons very much. Later on, she began to abuse her third son, Dave, but not the oldest boys. She would never care for Dave and gave him barely any attention. The only attention she gave him was to abuse him or starve him. Do you think his mother ever changed and loved Dave the same as the other boys? Read to find out! I would recommend this book, though it is a sad, sad, book. Dave doesn’t deserve the abuse he gets. No kid does! Every kid deserves love and care. Maybe this book will change people’s mind about child abuse.
Reviewer: Chavonne McNairy, Grade 6

13 comments:

  1. i already read this book it is really sad because his mothers keep abusing him & he has to fight for his life

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds sad i wunnu read it --secondcomment--

    ReplyDelete
  3. From Alex~

    I think this book is sad and a good book. I also cried. HAHAHA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. From Horacio~

    I haven't read this book but I bet it's interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. said...

    love this book, i have almost read them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book is awesome but sad :( :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. STOP IT DAVID!!!... i like this book so much

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to read this book I bet its really heart touching so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  9. From Maria B.~

    This book sounds really sad but interesting. I like books that are sad.

    ReplyDelete
  10. From Aljo~

    I have heard about this book. They said it's a sad but good story.

    ReplyDelete
  11. From Mario R.~

    I want to read this book because it sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. From Don~

    This book is sooo awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. From Zanayia~

    I read the book, and I loved it. It's so good and sad. I can't wait to read the second one.

    ReplyDelete