Tuesday, May 11, 2010


Ice by Sarah Beth Durst
The book Ice is about a girl who finds a magical bear when she was hunting. When the girl, Cassie, encounters the same polar bear, the bear brings Cassie to his Ice Castle. He tells Cassie about her missing mother and he makes a bargain with her—if Cassie agrees to marry the polar bear king, the same bear she’s met, he will free her mother from the land of the trolls. Cassie thought that being married was just saying a few words, so she agreed to marry the bear for her mother’s sake. Cassie grew to like the bear, however, and she wanted to stay and live with him. One day Cassie broke an important promise never to see the bear’s human face. The bear is taken away by the trolls. Now Cassie will do anything to get him back! I would recommend this book to people who like fantasy, adventure, and romance. This book has all three. There is also a lot of suspense as Cassie tries to save the bear.
Reviewer: Jezliah Pelayo, Grade 6

8 comments:

  1. From Jezliah-

    I liked reading this book so much! It's now my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to read this book because i like reading fantasy books. =] This book review persuade me to wanna read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From Manny-

    I have not read the book yet but the review sounds good. So I night read the book

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOOOOOOOOO THIS BOOK IS THE BEAST YOOOOOOO SO READ IS :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this book because polar bear are cool. We're going to the zoo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. from edielynne *:)

    hahhhhaaahaaa.... i like dis book..just kidding..no.i like this book... bye

    ReplyDelete
  7. From Kierstin~

    By what the book review says, I want to read this book now. It sounds suspenseful and interesting!

    ReplyDelete