Wednesday, February 23, 2011


Al Capone Does My Shirts by Gennifer Choldenko
On a jail’s island come the Flannigans: Moose, Natalie, and their parents. Ntalie is an unusual 16 year-old. She has autism, which comes up a lot in the story. Moose wants to fit in, until Piper Williams comes. She is the antagonist in the story. Piper has a lot of schemes in the story, and that is what I really like the most. The one main thing that is the best part is convicts like Al Capone and Machine Gun Kelly. They have some things that Piper uses in the story. I recommend this book to 6th and 7th graders because I think it is good for their level. It has a lot of adventure, so I think they would be interested in this book.
Reviewer: Melanney Fernandez Cabansag, Grade 6

1 comment:

  1. This book was great! I have been to Alcatraz two times, so it was neat to read a story where it took place at the prison!

    ReplyDelete